- 1 bell pepper (any color)
- ½ red onion
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced, or 1 can diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup salsa (mild or hot)
- 1 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6-8 six-inch whole wheat tortillas
Any vegetables can be added to this wrap.
NUTRITION FACTS FOR ONE SERVING(approx. 1 wrap; makes 6 servings)
270 calories; 37 gram carbohydrate; 7 gram fat; 15 gram protein; 8 gram dietary fiber
Average cost for one recipe: $3.78
Wash vegetables and slice. Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat for 1-2 minutes. Add chopped onion and bell pepper. Sauté until onion is tender. Stir in beans and tomatoes; cook until heated through. Microwave whole wheat tortillas 30-45 seconds. Let each family member assemble their own wrap by adding vegetable mixture
and topping with cheese and salsa, as desired.